Slight Increase in Positive Chlamydia Test

Early yesterday, Talent Testing Services (TTS) released their monthly STD/STI status report, revealing that last month wasn't particularly favorable for sex workers and hobbyists alike. While I don't believe this should cause widespread panic, it appears to have prompted some sex workers to revise their testing policies, shifting from requiring tests every two weeks to now requiring tests every week. There's nothing wrong with prioritizing safety, especially with the rise of sexually transmitted diseases and infections. However, from the client's perspective, obtaining tests within the same week as seeing a provider can be challenging and costly, particularly for frequent hobbyists.

TTS reported a rise in chlamydia positivity rates in April compared to the previous month, although still within expected levels. Gonorrhea positivity rates continued to decline, aligning with regular levels. Trichomonas vaginalis urine rates showed a slight increase among females while remaining stable overall.

Mycoplasma genitalium urine rates exhibited varied trends, with total rates unchanged, female rates decreasing, and male rates increasing. There was a slight increase in chlamydia rectal rates, while gonorrhea rectal rates showed minor increases in male rates with less volatility. Gonorrhea throat rates remained consistent over the past six months, experiencing minor fluctuations. Overall, while some fluctuations were observed, most STD rates remained within expected ranges.

I could break everything down in numbers, but I was never one for math. As I mentioned, I don't believe this is cause for alarm. While we haven't seen a decrease in STDs/STIs, maintaining consistency can be seen as a silver lining in this case.

I want to remind everyone that even though chlamydia is treatable, it's not worth the risk. The symptoms can be very uncomfortable, and sex workers all emphasize that the antibiotics used to treat it can be almost as unpleasant as the STD itself. So, if the provider is worth bareback, then do the smart thing and get tested, and more importantly, ensure that the provider has been tested as well. While it's not guaranteed that you won't catch anything, being proactive reduces the likelihood. Stay safe, everyone!

TTS+++PASS+Certified.png