Charged for Phone Calls

Should we get charge for communication?

• Total voters

king-sama4u2nv

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Upgraded
There is one thing that can be said about the hobby, is that money is the key factor. It doesn't matter how it's exchange whether electronically or physically money is the key component that keeps this hobby alive, like any other business really. Like most business you pay for items, information, or even time. Time is what we pay for and often it starts at the initial meeting, but for a very small few providers start there time before the in-person meeting.

Screenshot 2023-12-16 113146.png
In this case, it's a provider who's thinking of charging a fee to work out a FMTY trip. I can understand this in certain circumstances, mainly if the client didn't send the deposit. Although, if the deposit is sent and both parties agree to meet something like a phone call should be covered in the deposit in my opinion. I understand inflation is crazy right now, but there needs to be a line for certain things being charged in the hobby.

Some expense can be seen as a money grab to some clients which can also be seen as a bit of a turnoff. To be honest, if providers begin charging for phone calls, when will it end? Phone calls can be now and before you know it we could be getting charged per email.

Back