Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Financial security

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

king-sama4u2nv

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Earlier today I came across a comment on twitter that I've come across a number of times in the hobby. It always has the same premise, but is worded differently. In jest, comment spoke about clients and out reluctant to send deposits. This is nothing new since as clients the stereotype is we never want to put down a deposit, yet we want the full service we ask for. This stereotype has followed us since the hobby it's started and I'm trying to figure out how this could be fixed from our side as well as the providers.

As I thought about the reasons that could be inhibiting us from making a deposit the usual suspects showed their faces. Reasons, like trust issues, scams, privacy concerns, and financial security are all the things that are very real in our hobby. These often make it difficult for any of us to go through with seeing a provider unfortunately there by feeding into the stereotype, but I don't think these reasons are the the root to our problem. Sure, a lot of us have been scammed and would rather that not happen again, though to be honest its really a rite of passage in this hobby. No, I think the reasons all stem from what we all had in the beginning, lack of experience.

Some of us have been in this hobby for years while others are coming into it. The once coming in have little to no experience while the others who've been in it have have insight, but we're still learning in an ever changing hobby.

Back